Natural ST-HT steam sterilization / pasteurization for spices, herbs & botanicals, dried vegetables, seeds and nuts by TEMA Process B.V.
The continuous process uses a very special continuous autoclave with inside a so-called shaking bed conveyor and self cleaning rotary valves for respectively product feed into and out off the pressure vessel.
The process is further identified by a sanitary fluid bed dryer/cooler, using sterile filtered air to bring the moisture content of the treated product accurately to the desired final moisture content.
Automatic cleaning in place (C.I.P.) provides for quick change from one product to another.
The total process takes only 30 seconds for sterilization plus 7 minutes for conditioning. With the continuous process the product will not be subjected to a temperature above 55 degree C, longer than 60 seconds.
The first multifunctional plant has been installed in the Netherlands in 1990. Continuous steam decontamination plants are in operation in Holland, Germany, Hungary, Poland, Bulgaria, USA, Brazil, India, Korea, Japan, Vietnam, Malaysia and China.
Basic scope of supply steam sterilizing plant
- Sterilizer, complete with support frame, platform and staircase
- Wet scrubber/ Cleaning in Place unit for sterilizer
- Fluid bed dryer/cooler
- Sterile air supply unit for fluid bed dryer/cooler
- Dust separator for exhaust air from fluid bed dryer/cooler
- Central control panel (PLC and suitable for data acquisition for HACCP)
- Spare parts for the first year of operation
- Supervision of erection and commissioning plus training of operators
- Pneumatic product feed to sterilizer using sterile air from filter unit
- Pneumatic product discharge from fluid bed dryer/cooler to packing room using sterile air from filter unit
- Finisher to turn agglomerates back into a free flowing powder
- High temperature plants can be supplied in capacities ranging 500 - 3000 kg/h