CHIP WASHING SYSTEM - TYPE PWH
The chip-washing system reliably separates sand, rocks, and other contaminants from chips. This system is an indispensable machine technology especially for use with chips purchased from third parties and strongly contaminated raw material to minimize the wear of all downstream components, especially the plug screw and the grinding segments of the refiner. The chip-washing system also pre-conditions the chips for subsequent fiberizing.
The chips are fed to the chip washing system. Here, a rotor dunks the chips under water and produces a high turbulence. Thus, the system implements the best separation of foreign bodies from the chips. Contaminants such as sand and rocks sink to the bottom and can safely be discharged.
Afterwards the chips are transported in the water stream into the dewatering screw where they are separated from the process water.
At this point the process water is discharged through screen plates. After being reconditioned and freed from unwanted solids, most of the process water is returned to the process cycle. The cleaned and conditioned chips are transported into the chip bunker of the refiner.
- Significantly reduced content of silicates/minerals in the finished product
- Reduced wear of all subsequent machine components
- Significantly higher service life of plug screw and the grinding segments of the refiner
- Highest availability due to use of robust equipment
- Maintenance-friendly design
- Short downtimes when replacing wear parts