EcoShield® VpCI®-144 is the premium recyclable and repulpable moisture barrier corrosion inhibiting paper in the industry. It is coated with a water-based barrier coating and shows excellent oil and grease resistance. It also contains 69% USDA certified biobased content and is a qualified product under the mandatory federal purchasing initiative of the USDA BioPreferred® Program.* Historically, polyethylene and wax coatings have been used to seal porous paper to provide a moisture barrier and/or moisture-vapor barrier. When coated this way, the resulting paper product is an environmental problem and cannot be recycled through normal channels. EcoShield® VpCI®-144 paper provides a competitive environmentally friendly alternative to polyethylene and wax paper, with comparable water vapor barrier properties. It is fully recyclable/repulpable into other types of paper products such as boxes, cardboard, and other corrugated materials.
• Combines corrosion protection, moisture barrier properties, oil and grease
• Fully repulpable according to Fibre Box Association Voluntary Standard
• Contains no nitrites, phosphates, silicones, chromates, other heavy metals, or
• One product protects against corrosion of ferrous and non-ferrous metals
• Passes TAPPI T 240 om-12 Repulpability Testing (See Table 1)
• Commercially equivalent to military specifications MIL-P-3420E
• Meets MIL-STD 3010C (modified)**
• Conforms to NACE Standards TM0208-2008 and RP0487-2000
• Packaged parts do not need to be cleaned prior to coating or other surface
• UNI 11743:2019 and the System of Evaluation Aticelca 501:2019
EcoShield® VpCI®-144 paper can be used to protect products for storage and shipment in a wide variety of ways: end closures for shipping tubes, insert strips for recessed areas in large packages, and sheet liners or separators between products.