BIO-PET is a thermoplastic film consisting of 70% PTA (terephthalic acid) and 30% BIO-MEG (monoethylene glycol).
The basis for the BIO-MEG is ethanol, which is obtained during the fermentation of sugarcane juice or molasses (a waste product of sugar refining).
From a chemical point of view, there are no differences between conventional, petroleum-based PET and BIO-PET. Also, the processing is not affected by the biologically based fraction in PET.
BIO-PET is as recyclable as conventional PET without compromising the properties of the recycled material. This makes the material suitable, especially for short-lived products.
- printable with all common printing processes (screen-, offset- and digital print)
- less use of fossil resources
- Based on renewable raw materials
- lower CO2 emissions compared to 100% petrochemical plastics
- Price advantage compared to other bio-based plastics
- Reprocessing with recycling
- Reduction of dependence on crude oil price volatility
Other products from
BIO-PET is assigned to following product groups:
Pavilions and exhibitor events
Environmentally friendly packaging
FachPack offers concrete solutions for packaging-intensive industries.