Folding carton (also known as box board) is a low grammage solid board ideally suited to the packaging of lightweight products. The flexibility of folding carton allows you to design innovatively shaped packs that can differentiate your product from the competition. The shape, in combination with high quality print, creates an eye-catching pack maximising both brand impact and sales. Also, finishings such as hot foil stampling or window patching brings visibility to your products on the shelves. With our unparalleled experience in packaging industry, we offer all sorts folding carton packaging solutions ranging from chocolate & confectionary packages to pharmaceutical packages. We provide solutions for wide range of industries with;
- Various cardboard types (duplex cardboad, triplex cardboard, solid board, bristol board etc.)
- Various cardboad grades (200gsm, 225gsm, 280gsm, 300gsm, 320gsm, 350gsm, 400gsm etc.)
- Various types of polish (Dispersion varnish, matt varnish, spot varnish etc.)
- Various types of finishings (Window patching, embossing, hot foil stampling etc.)
- Up to 6 point gluing
We offer a range of folding carton styles such as boxes and trays all using a variety of folding techniques. These can be manufactured flat or pre-glued for hand or machine erect based on your requirements.
The main types are cardboards:
- Duplex Cardboard – Formed by two layers of different colors or compositions. In addition to the stiffness required for packaging and boxes, duplex cardboard possesses high surface strength, uniform thickness, as well as water and ink absorbency that are compatible with offset printing.
- Triplex Cardboard – Formed by three or more layers, with similar characteristics to those of duplex cardboard. Triplex cardboard is used in packaging for chocolate bars, cosmetics, medicines, fast food and beverages.
- Solid Board – With different white layers, solid board composes packaging for cosmetics, medicines, personal hygiene products and cigarettes, as well as book covers and postcards.
- White and Colored Bristol Board – With one or more layers, Bristol boards have various uses: filing folders, calendars, labels, schoolbook inserts, time cards, book and notebook covers, etc.
- Filled Board – Possesses high basis weight and stiffness. This type of board is manufactured in several layers, with various uses, as boxes or bookbinding.
- Molded Pulp – Obtained from the disaggregation or separation of wastepaper fibers, especially newsprint. The fibers are mixed with water and chemicals to form slurry that is used in manufacturing products such as trays for transporting and protecting produce, dairy and eggs, as well as packaging materials for lamps, cell phones, refrigerators and stoves.