Work principle of the vertical packaging machines
The vertical packaging machines (VFFS) are used for the forming, filling and sealing of plastic bags. The working method of this type of machines is the following:
1. The machine is loaded with a roll of film, which will be used for the forming of the final package. The most widely-used materials are thermo-sealable films with single or double layers, such as, PP-PP, PP-PE, PA-PE, PE-PET. The design of the desired package has to be created and applied on the film in advance.
2. The film is folded to the shape of a sleeve via the package-forming system or the so-called forming collar (please, see the schematic for reference).
3. The machine draws the formed sleeve downwards, while it simultaneously closes the bottom and the vertical seal of the package via heated sealing elements.
4. The machine starts to fill with product the already sealed in the bottom sleeve via the forming collar. The filling with product is normally automated via a dosing device (filler). According to the specifics of the product, the machine can be equipped with different types of dosing devices. More information for these devices can be found here.
5. After the dosed product is placed in the package, which is closed from below, the sealing elements close the upper part of the package (simultaneously closing the bottom part of the next package) and cut the ready package.
Union Kehlibar Ltd manufactures a wide range of different vertical packaging machines. A list and specifications of the models vertical packaging machine can be found here.