Ecological compostable bubble foil BUFO Envira®
Compostable bubble foil with wide application as protective packaging of goods, functionally fully replacing standard bubble foil made of conventional materials. BUFO Envira® can be mainly used by e-shops, but also for industrial packaging (automotive, IT, furniture,…)
Multilayer technology: 6 layers (3 + 3)
Bubble diameter: 10 mm
Bubble height: 4 – 5 mm
Standard pack: roll, width 1 m, coil 100 m
Other processing options: YES - ready-made clothing, blanks, bags, sacks, lamination
• The foil is made of biodegradable compostable bio-granulate with a proportion of renewable materials. The source bio-granulate is degradable in industrial compost according to DIN EN 13 432 and has certificates - OK Compost (No. O 13-1256-A), DIN Certco (No. 7W0090) and BPI (No. 142700-14).
• Thanks to the 6-layer co-extrusion technology BUFO Envira® has mechanical properties at levels equivalent to conventional bubble foils and in some of them it even surpasses them.
• Bubbles are stable even with longer static load (see the graph).
• Furthermore, BUFO Envira® is superbly weldable and processable, which means it is also suitable as a semi-finished product for further processing such as bags and blanks.
• The foil material does not create a static charge.
• The material is partially vapor permeable
-reduces mould formation
-reduces the risk of corrosion
Compostable bubble wrap prevents unwanted environmental impact e.g.: in case of inappropriate or negligent handling of the packaging. Currently one of the Volkswagen Group brands has been testing the BUFO Envira® bubble foil to wrap their parts in. Test results focus on reducing negative environmental phenomena in packaging waste, mainly in countries with lower environmental focus and yet undeveloped sorting and recycling system.