The film is manufactured by pre-stretching a stretch-type film to a specific thickness.
Pre-stretch film has many advantages, as compared to the traditional stretch film:
- it enables the reduction of film consumption during pallet wrapping, and thereby the reduction of packing unit costs;
- large tensioning of pre-stretch film is achieved through only a minute stretching which results in the stability of load during transport;
- it takes less effort to tension the film, which has a positive effect onto the efficiency of packing;
- the reduction of film consumption has a positive impact onto the environment due to the reduced amount of waste.
Thanks to the use of new technologies, the pre-stretch film manufactured by Ergis is equipped with laps on film edges.
The creation of laps on film edges results in:
- increased mechanical strength; the film features greater breaking strength, as compared to a pre-stretch film manufactured using traditional methods;
- increased resistance of the reel wound to damage in transport.
Pre-stretch film is available in the following range of thicknesses: 7; 8; 9; 10 µm.
Pre-stretch film is manufactured for both manual and machine applications.