Since starting in 1992 Company SPUR a.s. has been producing different types of plastic products. Production is based on own research and development activities, which follow market demand and also interest in new characteristics of plastics. At present SPUR a.s. has approx. 240 employees. The turnover in 2015 reached approx. 800 mil Czk. More than 50% of production is exported abroad.
The production programme is devided into the following basic groups:
- Plastic pipelines, sheets and profiles produced by extrusion of polymers - for building, consumer, furniture, packaging industry etc.
- Tubes from high density polyethylene (PE-HD) for mechanical protection of optical and also metalic cables.
- TUBEX® - expanded insulation and packaging materials made out of foam polyethylene as tubes or sheets.
- RETROX® - different types of retro-reflexive materials which ensure safe visibility.
- SPURO® Foam - EPE packaging materials - bags, rolls, sheets, etc.
- SPURO® Profile - EPE foam protective profile and edges
- SPURO® Bubble - bubble film
- SPURO® Kart - extruded corrugated sheets - polypropylene PP
- Transparent GPPS sheets
- Undetachable adhesive film
- Research and Development - Nanotechnologie - www.spur-nanotechnologies.cz
SPUR a.s produces the products in its industrial areas in Zlin, total area is approx. 55.000 m2. This area has several parts - approx.11.000 m2 production built-up part, 21.300 m2 of warehouses and a big head office building.
Top quality of the products is the result of longterm professional research and development, experience, testing, quality control and of course necessary certification.
SPUR a.s. is a founder member of the Cluster of plastic producers which was established in the Zlin district in the beginning of 2006. The main targets of this association of plastics producers, are creating conditions for the development of the plastics industry in the Zlin region. Also the using of the results of research and development of the members to raise the staff´s qualifications. All these activities should stimulate the economical progress of the members of the organization and strengthen competitive advantage.
SPUR a.s. also provides the services in the sphere of non-residential premises (offices) rental.