Safety is the top priority in the pharmaceutical industry, since production errors and process errors, counterfeit products or confusion can have deadly consequences. On the high speed production lines of the pharmaceutical industry, defective components can lead to downtimes and productivity losses. The earlier production errors are identified and eliminated, the more economical the process of doing so.Even in the complex manufacturing processes of adhesive plasters, the products are tested automatically inline in various states of production using line scan cameras. Inspection is conducted on web material or cut products at conveying speeds of up to 60m/min and usually at web widths of up to 450 mm. Typical camera resolutions are approximately 0.05 to 0.1mm/pixel.
Adhesive plasters consist of several components:
- Backing material with an adhesive layer on the body side ("dressing")
- Wound pad to absorb secretion (also made of several layers if necessary = wound dressing with wound pad)
- Release liner covering the adhesive layer (removed prior to use)
- Sealed pouch for sterile packaging
Another variation consists of a net-like gauze structure with a layer of Vaseline. Here, the network structure is inspected for defects and for foreign particles starting with 0.3mm in size.
The following inspections are performed according to the customer specification (URS):
- Inspection of the position and size of the wound pad on the backing material (wound dressing)
- Inspection of the wound dressing or the entire dressing for contamination from 0.3mm in size
- Inspection of the product position and the product size in the package or before sealing
Adhesive plaster inspection systems are very powerful, configurable system software applications – we also offer any necessary system validation services. Evaluation, which is done in the production cycle, delivers good/bad results with defect class and criteria indications, as well as position information. Bad products are removed by the machine control.
With regard to image processing for wound dressings and plasters, you are on the safe side working with Octum as your partner. You are working with a financially reliable partner with over 20 years of experience in this field and a motivated, competent, passionate team of experts capable of supporting you in all your challenges. You will receive the optimum system solution at a fair price in the pharmaceutical environment, taking all current regulations into account.
Other products from
FachPack offers concrete solutions for packaging-intensive industries.