Biograde® is a family of bioplastic products based on cellulose acetate for injection molding, sheet and profile extrusion. Plant-based cellulose, the base for the production of cellulose acetate, is the most easily accessible and renewable resource on the planet. Biograde® is predominantly a renewable and fully biodegradable material alternative for rigid applications.
Advantages of Biograde® at a glance:
- Based on renewable raw materials
- Properties similar to standard thermoplastics (e.g. ABS, PS)
- High heat resistance meeting UL 94 HB standard requirements
- Can be processed on standard production equipment
- Recyclable (in-house, e.g. sprues or scrap)
- Food Approved to EC Directives and FDA (depending on grade)
- BPA free
- Suitable for toys (EN 71-3)
FachPack offers concrete solutions for packaging-intensive industries.