In the corrugated industry, there are still many semi-automatic palletizers in the field being operated by a person. These systems are often in a good condition and reach sufficient capacity for the requested application. Together with the Maschinenbau u Konstruktion GmbH Elmshorn MINDA offers a robot for retrofitting which assumes the tasks of this operator. The robot - RoboMate - then performs the function of the operator and can carry out the manual heavy work with a higher and continuous performance. Thus, the performance in this sector is increased and the complete plant requires extremely small construction space.
This retrofitting provides the following advantages:
- High performance continuity
- More space-saving than a complete robot cell
- Optimal stacking pattern by creating individual layers
- Automatic creation of different packing patterns
- Manual mode provided at any time
- Preparation of empty pallets with automatic positioning of the bottom sheets
- Feeding of intermediate sheets
- Turning of stacks, as required
An articulated arm robot, which forms the layers and also positions the required protection sheets, is laterally fixed at the customer’s semi-automatic palletizer. Depending on the packages being fed in bundles or non-bundled via a driven or non-driven bundle transport, an alignment device with front stop and a discharge conveyor are to be added. The robot can pick up bundles up to 1,000 mm x 1,000 mm and create stacking patterns.
FachPack offers concrete solutions for packaging-intensive industries.