SLB Engineering GmbH has developed a system to monitor and improve the efficiency of the production lines: WOP (Window On Production).
All manufacturing companies are trying to reduce their production costs and, thanks to the increased efficiency, to boost their competitiveness.
To achieve this, a clear understanding of the production performance is required. This must be monitored through effective and easy to read indicators (such as OEE), so that targeted and timely innovative corrective actions can be performed.
This is also the basis of industry 4.0.
Our semi-automatic system constantly monitors the production efficiency and shows the company management through simple and intuitive reports opportunities for improvement.
The system consists of the following components:
- sensors and PLCs to collect the information from the production line
- Server and Database
- A large monitor, installed on the production line, to help workers and shift supervisor constantly monitor the Key Performance Indicators (KPI) of the in-process batch. Among others: productivity, quality, manufactured parts, waste, etc.
- A tablet, to input additional information
WOP collects by sensors automatically data from the production line, regardless of its age and degree of automation. In addition, an operator can enter missing information on a tablet by simply pressing preconfigured buttons.
In this way WOP analyses not only the mechanical causes that might affect the productivity of the production line, but also those which are due to the process, such as lack of materials or workers, in-process controls, etc.
Thereby WOP analyses all factors that affect productivity and highlights the need for maintenance, training and other improvements of the production process.
At the end of each production batch, WOP generates automatically a report that can be easily visualized on PC, tablet or smartphone.
- Constant monitoring of production and packaging performance
- Provides data as OEE, line availability, production cycle, causes of rejects, number of good products and rejected
- Intuitive and easy to read graphical display (dashboards, charts, indicators)
- Web-based user interface, making real time data immediately available on the shop floor and on PC, tablet and smartphone
- Allows the company management to focus on the implementation of the necessary measures to increase productivity, rather than wasting time with the data analysis
- Facilitates planning and reduces the costs of scheduled maintenance by indicating the real hours actually worked by the production lines
- fully customized on customer requirements and completely independent from the equipment control systems
- interfaces to ERP systems such as SAP, Oracle, etc.