A cardboard wrap, possibly made of recycled paper, is placed on a plastic cup that is produced with the thermoforming technology.
This decoration technology provides various advantages:
- Maximized marketing opportunities
- Enhanced shelf impact
- Elegant and warm feel
- Unique shapes & designs
- Window cut-outs: give the customer a peek of what is inside
- Outer surface with aluminum lamination & hot stamping possible - metallic look: add a premium feel and look to your products
- Microwaveable, freezable
- Enhanced insulating properties
- Easy separation of cardboard & plastic
- Promo campaigns: maximize marketing opportunities for your packaging
Caring for the environment:
- Lower tare weight = lower transportation cost
- Good energy efficiency & excellent CO2 balance
- Reduced plastic content of up to 50% compared to conventional packaging
By now, Greiner Packaging offers this decoration technology in 6 different variants - from K3®-D (where the cardboard wrap is molded in the third dimension) to K3®-H (where the bottom of the plastic cup is curved inward and reinforced with cardboard).
Customers favor this special technology to stand out at the Point of Sale and to underlign their efforts towards sustainability:
A few years ago, the butter market was expanded by an additional category: thanks to a small portion of vegetable fat added to the butter, it was possible to offer readily spreadable and low-fat spreads. This also demanded a new packaging solution which Greiner Packaging International was able to fulfill perfectly. We met the demands of our customers with our K3® butter tub - easy to handle, recloseable and environmentally friendly, thanks to the combination of cardboard and plastic. Greiner Packaging International, the market leader in this combination of renewable raw material and plastic, was thus able to create new markets in this segment with the market leader, Kerrygold. Kerrygold has now further developed the convenience concepts and is offering the popular Kerrygold Original Irish Butter also in the practical cub – once again made with the K3® technology from Greiner Packaging International.