There are two models of EUROROLL speed controller available. Brake rollers or brake conveyor rollers regulate the speed of the goods being transported on gravity conveyors by maintaining them at a constant speed of movement. This is achieved by means of a planetary gear, which presses centrifugal brake pads onto the body of the roller with each rotation, with a braking force proportional to the braking torque applied. Several factors need to be taken into consideration when determining the distance between the speed controllers and the proper type of speed controller.
- Design and functional performance of the gravity conveyor.
- Slope (gradient) of the roller conveyor
- Behaviour of the goods being transported (dimensions, weight, sensitivity, material)
- Inherent resistance of the speed controller
- Environmental influences, such as humidity and temperature
A minimum of one speed controller is used per "goods" space, as this is the only way of achieving a controlled speed without acceleration and the generation of high forces.
The operating speed of the materials being conveyed should never exceed 0,3 m/s. If the speed controllers are arranged correctly, this will only be 0.1 m/s to 0.2 m/s depending on the nature of the goods being conveyed and the gradient.
Depending on the application, goods weighing between 80 kg and1400 kg can be transported.