EUROCAST has over 15 years of experience in metallization. Over the years, we have metallized our own products as well as customers’ materials.
In January 2016 EUROCAST completed an investment connected with the launch of a new Metallizer (BOBST K5000) enabling deposition of aluminium oxides on films, the so called AlOx. The device ensures precise metallization while maintaining low optical density.
The new machine acquired by Eurocast company is the first device of such kind in Poland and one of the first in Europe.
By applying a colourless layer of aluminium oxides onto the film we obtain a film with the same barrier properties as a traditionally metallized film.
AlOx-coated films are characterized by:
- excellent barrier properties
- very good clarity and transparency
- stable properties at high temperature and high humidity
- suitable for printing on the side coated with AlOx
- suitable for use in microwave ovens
- metal detectors can be used during the packaging process
The high barrier AlOx-coated films are also a response to the two main market demands: benefits for the natural environment and benefits for the consumer:
- they increase the efficiency of the packaging by replacing the EVOH or PVDC layers
- they have a lower energy consumption and material consumption
- they have less packaging weight (reducing emissions of carbon dioxide (CO2))
- they do not emit chlorine gas during combustion (as opposed to the PVDC coating)
- they are absolutely safe for the packaged product and the consumer
Example usage of a high barrier AlOx-coated films:
- laminates and top films like “lidding films”
- dry products and snacks
- pasteurized products
- pet food
- medical instruments and cosmetic tools (sterilization)