STS - stationary serialisation unit
Intelligent database integration
- for the recording of serialised pharmaceutical products
- for data input and retrieval (reworking) of products with serial numbers
The STS retrieves the data of the current job (packing scheme, number of products per carton or shipping box) from the format database. This information is displayed on the screen.
The operator places the single or bundled packaging units bearing serial numbers on the camera windows in the workbench. The operator actuates a foot switch and the camera below the workbench takes a picture. All captured serialisation codes are recorded and forwarded to the integrated database.
When the preset number of products per carton is reached, the STS generates a signal. At the same time, an order-specific label is produced for application to the carton or shipping box. The operator removes the label from the dispenser and scans it with the hand-held scanner, sending an acknowledgement to the database. Subsequently, the STS is ready for the processing of the next packaging unit.
If required, the format database can be configured so that the unit produces pallet labels that are printed after a certain number of cartons have been processed.
• Large scanning field (safety glass, size DIN A3) for easy positioning of the folding cartons
• Reliable image capture thanks to bright, long-life LED lighting system
• No interference by ambient light
• Sturdy stainless steel housing approved for pharmaceutical products, dimensions approx. L 1390
mm x B 700 mm x H 1400 mm
• Portable model available on request
• Foot switch to control start pulse
• IPC touch panel with UPS, with optional line aggregation and ERP integration
• 10 megapixel camera for the capture of folding carton codes
• Readable codes: 1D, 1D stacked, code 39, code 128, 2D including GS1 data matrix and PPN code
• 2D hand-held scanner (wired or wireless)
• Optional equipment: 1-3 label printer(s) from Zebra, Intermec, CAB
• Electric power connection: 230V DC
All b+b systems form part of a modular system that can be customised
to suit the actual process requirements:
• Linking of bb-SiteManager software of production line to ERP system
• Choice and integration of optimised equipment for the serialisation and labelling of products and
• On request, b+b manages the entire project and implementation, acting as a general contractor