Retort is namely a process using heat and pressure to cook food in a package. Since the packaging is less bulky than traditional cans or jars, food cooks more quickly and tastes better.
Some of the advantages of retort packaging are namely as follows:
- shelf stability
- larger surface area on packaging for display of design or information
- reduction of storage space
- more economical transport due to lighter packaging
- more marketing appeal on retail shelves
- more user-friendly as it is easier to open, heat and use the package