A Prodima Mixer goes to school
A Prodima Mixer goes to school in a technical university in Switzerland that develops processes and techniques for industrial partners. For a very specific project a suitable mixer had to be found. After many tests with different types of mixing systems the Prodima mixer type was chosen as the optimal solution. During the trials a very fine plastic powder (eg, polyamide) was mixed with a small amount of liquids. The mix was refined thanks to the built in high frequency shear head.
The most appreciate features of the Prodima mixer:
- Very short mixing time (90 seconds).
- Very high and uniform mixing quality
- High flexibility in use and set-up
- Easy operation, cleaning and maintenance.
- The possibility to tilt the mixing hopper. Thus, the tilt angle can be optimally adapted to the flow behavior of the mix. (Angle for mixing cycle from 0 ° to +45 °)
- For easy and complete emptying the mixing hopper can be tipped into a negative angle. (Angle for emptying 0 ° to -5 °)
- Gas springs assist the operator so that the tilt angle, even at full mixing hopper, can be changed without effort at any time.
- As an option, it is also possible to equip the smaller Prodima mixers with push button controlled tilting system.
Technical specification to the mixer 150
- Volume mixing hopper: 130 liters
- mixing screw: 1.5 kW
- High speed shear head: 0.25 kW
- mixing screw approx. 300/min
- Shear head approx. 2’800/min
- Tilt angle mixing hopper: -5 ° / +45 °
- Power supply: 400 V, IP 55
- Stainless steel: DIN 1.4301 (AISI 304)
- Seals: PTFE, silicone
The Prodima mixer is available in 5 sizes: 50, 150, 500, 1200 and 2500 types, also in ATEX version.