Bio-Flex® is a bioplastics family of products suitable for flexible applications which can be converted using a wide variety of processing methods. All Bio-Flex® products are completely biodegradable and are based entirely or partially on natural raw materials.
The main applications for Bio-Flex® include a wide selection of flexible film applications, such as agricultural, household and hygiene films. Furthermore, it is possible to produce thermoformed articles and injection molded products using Bio-Flex®.
Bio-Flex® offers an alternative disposal route by means of the certified biodegradability / compostability. If required and where facilities exist it is possible to dispose of food together with its packaging.
Agricultural applications also take advantage of the compostability: compostable plant clipps that fall off during the growth of the plants may remain in the soil until complete decomposition. Mulch films made from Bio-Flex® do not need to be collected after harvest as they can be ploughed in easily along with the remaining plant material.
Compostable bags and shoppers made from Bio-Flex® offer a double product benefit: The water originating from food waste remains inside the waste bag due to its outstanding stability in the presence of moisture. The waste bin therefore stays clean and dry and the classic problem of paper bags is prevented.
Bio-Flex® from FKuR has the following major advantages compared to competitive products:
- Based on renewable resources
- Certified biodegradable and compostable according to EN 13432 and ASTM D 6400 (depending on grade)
- Outstanding mechanical properties (similar to LDPE, HDPE, PP or PS depending on the grade)
- Can be processed on existing equipment without adjustments (Drop-In Solution)
- Recyclable (in-house, e.g. production waste)
- Food approved to EC Directives and FDA (depending on grade)