Westfalia Storage Systems plans, builds and implements storage, materials handling and order picking systems. Our solutions and products feature the best of mechanical and electrical engineering in professional plant construction. All technology is characterised by high system performance and availability. Over 650 challenging projects undertaken for companies in all industrial sectors testify to our expertise in terms of planning and implementation, so allowing us to identify future requirements at an early stage.
Whether acting as a systems supplier or as the main contractor – Westfalia Storage Systems always takes a holistic approach when advising customers. This not only takes account of the technology involved but also encompasses the overall system planned – including upstream and downstream processes.
Westfalia Storage Systems builds systems based on both the individual load carrier or loading equipment as well as directly for the goods:
- Automated warehousing for pallets
- Automated warehousing for small parts
- Automated warehousing for trays
- Automated warehousing for rolled goods
- Automated warehousing for layers
- Automated warehousing for cartons
- New dynamics in storage
There are almost no limits on the ideas and innovations which can be applied by both user and manufacturer when designing automated warehousing systems. The system variations which can be used in practice are no less varied.
We offer various warehousing types and technologies depending on the structure of the product range, variety of articles and the access requirements.
Greater flexibility with integrated order picking systems
Only an efficient order picking system can consolidate job units into shippable orders. Order picking is still mostly a manual task despite the increasing degree of automation. The ability to incorporate such sequences in all warehousing systems of Westfalia Storage Systems is essential to ensure smooth, ergonomically logical order picking.
- Order picking technology from Westfalia can cater for all growing requirements resulting from increasing job numbers, sinking position sets for each order and shorter delivery times.
- High saving potentials involving fixed picking point costs and variable working costs through shorter order picking times result in shorter payback times for investment in sophisticated order picking technology.
- Integration of a pick-to-light or pick-by-voice system in any inventory management and order picking software designed by Westfalia Logistics Software results in major time savings for order processing.