Aquaseal® heat sealable dispersions offer numerous economical and environmental benefits:
- solvent free alternatives to solvent based lacquers;
- potential for significantly lower coating weight compared to extrusion;
- possibility of partial coating to have functionality only where needed;
- contain little or no VOC’s;
- high solids (up to 60%) offer reduced supply chain costs and environmental impact.
- application using standard printing/coating methods: flexo, gravure, rotary screen, air knife, etc.
Paramelt have concentrated initial Aquaseal® developments on polyolefins, offering a range of dispersions based on PE and PP copolymers together with other high ethylene content materials such as EAA and EVA.
This versatility in material selection allows property optimisation based on application requirements rather than material limitations. In this way, products can be designed to achieve the best balance of characteristics, such as:
- matched substrate affinity;
- tailored seal initiation temperature;
- controlled Coefficient of Friction (COF);
- low in-reel blocking;
- broad sealing range for maximal operating window.