Where ordinary X-ray detection equipment obtains an image using X-rays of one energy, the IX-G2 uses rays of two different energies to produce two images. These images are then compared, which helps to eliminate the background effect caused by the product itself and improves the detection of low-density contaminants.
• The IX-G2 uses dual energy technology to reliably detect bones and bone fragments in meat and poultry at high inspection speeds.
• Improves detection of lower density foreign bodies such as fan bone in chicken, glass and stones in added value meat products
• Fully automatic machine setup ensures that the highest levels of detection are reached. This allows the IX-G2 to identify difficult to detect contaminants with a high degree of accuracy and at high inspection speeds.
• Ideal for uneven and overlapping products, where a possible contaminant may be obscured by the product (such as in bags of frozen chicken nuggets or sausages)
• Quality control applications include: product grading by length (e.g. sausages), product deformation, missing pieces and weight estimation.