- Establishment: Established in 1981, Cosmo Films Limited is one of the largest manufacturers of Biaxially Oriented Polypropylene (BOPP) Films in the world.
- Founder: Mr. Ashok Jaipuria, a visionary entrepreneur and philanthropist, pioneered BOPP Films manufacturing in India when he set up Cosmo’s first plant in Aurangabad in 1981. He is a renowned industry veteran and has been on the board of several academic and industry institutions like IITs and FICCI.
- Cosmo Today: With manufacturing units in India, Korea, & USA, Cosmo has a BOPP manufacturing capacity of 136,000 TPA and a sales turnover of USD 215 Million (INR 1.472 Billion) in FY 2014-15. Cosmo is the largest BOPP films exporter from India and the world’s largest manufacturer of Thermal Lamination films.
- Product Range: Cosmo offers a comprehensive range of BOPP Films for flexible packaging, lamination, labelling and industrial applications, including speciality films such as high barrier films, Velvet thermal lamination films and direct thermal printable films.
- Customers: Apart from a dominant share in the Indian market, Cosmo exports to more than 80 countries worldwide. Cosmo’s customer base includes the leading global flexible packaging and label face stock manufacturers like Amcor, Constantia, Huhtamaki, Avery Dennison etc., which service brands like Pepsico, Coca Cola, Unlilever, P&G, CP, Reckitt Benckiser, Nestle, Mars etc. Cosmo also has an extensive network of channel partners across the world for distribution of its range of lamination films.
- Public Listed: Cosmo Films is listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE - 508814) & National Stock Exchange (NSE - COSMOFILMS) in India
- R & D: Cosmo Films has a highly qualified and government recognized R&D team, providing customized innovations for its customers. Cosmo owns multiple patents in India (6) and US (3)
- Certifications: Cosmo Films is accredited with ISO 9001:2000 , ISO 14001:2004 and British Retail Consortium (BRC) certifications
- Awards & Recognition: Cosmo Films has won several awards for innovation viz. PFFCA, Asia Star etc.
Cosmo has 5 state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities spread across India, US and Korea.
- Hagerstown,Illinois, USA
Corporate Social Responsibility
Business and Social Responsibility go hand in hand at Cosmo Films. We are committed to contribute to the development of the community we belong to and be a partner in raising the human development index.
As a responsible corporate citizen; promoting wellbeing and welfare of our employees is our priority. Consistent investment is made to ensure upward mobility and career growth of the employees along with the business expansion with robust corporate governance and HR Practices.
Along with its employees, Cosmo Films believes in extending its care to bettering the lives of people in and around its manufacturing units.
At Cosmo Films, we believe that “We can make a difference” in the lives of people who we touch. Holding firmly to this belief, company has been carrying out several initiatives like running a dispensary, providing educational scholarships, and working for the beautification of city in Aurangabad since 2000. Cosmo Foundation, set up in 2008 as the philanthropic arm of the Cosmo Films, now spearheads all these initiatives under its banner. Cosmo Foundation works closely with the lesser developed communities around its manufacturing units i.e. at Karjan block of Vadodara District and Aurangabad city for several development programs.
Exhibitor videoPlay video
The author is solely responsible for the content of press releases. NürnbergMesse reserves the right not to publish or to remove individual press releases after legal examination.