Fatra, a.s. is one of the major Central European processors of plastics (PVC, PE, PP and PET). We offer top quality products and specialized customer solutions, which include not only production but also development activities as well as consulting services.
Currently, more than half of production is heading to foreign markets. Fatra, a.s. sells its products to more than 50 countries worldwide. Processed materials include PVC-P, PVC-U, LDPE, LLDPE, HDPE, EVA, PP, PET, ABS. Fatra provides its customers service in the field of testing and development laboratories, testing, preparation of samples and mixtures, expert advice and consultation. Fatra has two manufacturing facilities located in Napajedla and Chropyně with more that 1.000 employees. The high quality of products and services are supported by implemented quality and environmental management systems ČSN ISO 9001 and ČSN ISO 14001.
Main product portfolio includes:
• Floor coverings marketed under the LINO FATRA, THERMOFIX, FatraClick, IMPERIO and SPORTING brands
• FATRAFOL waterproofing membranes for roofs, ground, swimming pools, and special applications
• Technical foils, semi-finished products for goods, automobile industry etc.
• Plastic extruded profiles from PVC-U, PVC-P, PP, PE, TPE, ABS
• PVC granulate
• BO PET – biaxial-oriented polyester films, brands TENOLAN and FOLAM
• Breathable films and laminates SONTEK
• Foils and sheets from PE, PET and EVAC, foils, sheet for insulation, antislip materials
• Injection moulding, injected products - crates for baked goods, plastic tiles, other injected products
• Thermoformed products - cups, containers and lids, cooling filler panels
The most important market segments the company Fatra are:
• Construction industry – waterproofing membranes, technical foils, flooring, PE sheets, cooling filler panels
• Food industry – PVC foils, PVC packages (cups, containers, lids), BO PET films and laminates, crates for baked goods
• Fancy goods – PE sheets, PVC-P foils, extruded profiles
• Sanitary products – breathable films and laminates, bed liners
• Healthcare – special PVC foils, tubes
• Consumer industry – PE + PET + EVAC foils and sheets, injected products, printed foils, floor tiles, tablecloths, profiles
• Automotive industry – PVC granulate, profiles, PVC-P foils, car mat foils
Fatra is one of the most important European companies in the plastic processing industry thanks to:
• Product and technological innovations.
• Providing comprehensive solutions; services are offered for products.
• Quality that is superior to quantity.
• Preference of long-term customer relationships over short-term ones.
• A high degree of secondary raw material recycling and the use of waste-free technologies.
• A wide range of offered environment-friendly solutions for the future.
In terms of history, Fatra is the first plastics processing company in the Czech Republic.
It was established by the Baťa Concern in 1935. The company first began with the production of gas masks and protective cloths, rubber toys and technical rubber. Its progressive focus on processing plastics began in 1940. Fatra gradually transferred rubber production to other plants and controlled some of them for a certain period of time (Optimit Odry, Gumárny Zubří), or it helped build them (Gumotex Břeclav).
Fatra has shared its experience with plastics processing with other businesses (Technoplast Chropyně, Plastika Nitra) and has made extraordinary contributions to the field in the Czech Republic.
Fatra, a.s. is a part of the AGROFERT Group bringing together major players, which are linked to agriculture, food and chemicals. Today, AGROFERT HOLDING, a.s. comprises more than 230 leading businesses in the chemistry, agriculture, food and ground machinery sectors, while employing more than 27 thousand employees within the group.
Fatra, a.s. offers you products from these product groups:
Packaging materials and supplies (1484)
- Flexible plastic packaging materials and supplies (523)
- Moulded plastic packaging materials and supplies (544)
- Miscellaneous packaging materials and supplies (207)
- Peripheral packaging machinery and equipment (263)